THE RATHDOWNE VILLAGE DELICATESSEN 378 RATHDOWNE STREET - CARLTON NORTH
In Melbourne, we love a deli. With a rich cultural history embracing most European countries, we want the traditional and delicious, cured, smoked and dunked in oil. Different parts of town naturally cater for different tastes, flavours and ingredients for their local residents but that doesn’t mean that you can’t get in the car and explore the eclectic, the traditional and the delicious.
Stroll down the leafy Carlton North stretch of Rathdowne Village and you’ll notice a hand written chalk sign that simply announces “DELI”. Inside is an incredibly welcoming store packed to the brim with a selection of handpicked goodness. The Rathdowne Village Delicatessen opened its doors in August 2012, with the vision of creating an old school deli with a fresh, modern twist, bringing you an extensive range of high quality food covering all budgets.
Everything in the store is chosen on its own merits, with a mixture of familiar (think Cobb Lane bread and Padre Coffee) and distinctive items that customers might not have seen before. A window bar up the front and a large communal table nestled up the back give customers a place to plonk down and enjoy coffees and house-made meals and treats.
– Well established with excellent reputation in fantastic location
– The business is very popular and has a vast loyal clientele base
– The business is open 7 days a week and generates a turnover in the region of $600,000 per annum
– Seats 15 patrons inside plus 10 outdoor
– Long secure lease
– Excellent rental terms
– Comprehensively equipped premises with quality fixtures & fittings
– Includes 2 bedroom accommodation
– Offering broad range of quality smallgoods, beverage, speciality food items, & healthy grab and go take home meals
– The décor is simple, faintly ‘rustic’ and faux-French provincial
– Huge range of sweet and savoury treats to eat at the cafe or take-away
– Populated residential area with strong footfall from the local residents and shoppers
– Business is owner run and managed
– Huge scope for outside catering, deliveries and evening trade
Boston Business Brokers is delighted to welcome to the market this delicatessen and cafe business in Rathdowne Street, Carlton. This is an excellent opportunity for a new owner to take this long-established business to the next level; therefore early viewing must come highly recommended to avoid disappointment. For further information regarding this excellent opportunity please call Boston Brokers 03 9041 5608.