DOWNSTAIRS BISTRO & LOUNGE 215-217 STURT STREET, SOUTHBANK 3006
This venue may boast one of the area’s most coveted locations due to its accessibility as well as its popular outdoor terrace’s, offering a relaxed space from casual drinks to the full dining experience. The comfortable lounge areas are complimented with the bar and communal table seating, flow through to the modern bistro dining room followed by the outside terraces – accommodating all occasions. The menu features fresh seasonal produce offering a variety of options for breakfast, lunch and dinner, accompanied with a diverse selection of beverages.
This business is established, with a solid reputation of serving high quality foods which has created a loyal customer base, and brand recognition. The owner started this business from scratch, and “all the hard work” related to creating a successful eatery has already been done! As a result, the seller has created a fantastic platform opportunity for the buyer whom is willing to work this business and take it to the next level!
• Well established eatery in business since 2012 in absolute prime AAA location that has become a favourite dining destination amongst savvy locals and known for their fast friendly service and quality food.
• Run under full management with long term employee base
• Long secure lease with excellent rental term
• Licensed 7am – 11pm
• Seats 60 internal, 41 external patrons and 150+ pax for cocktails
• Large and loyal customer following
• There is a full commercial kitchen setup with hood & grease trap, so almost any kind of new cuisine can be added to the menu without making changes in the back of house.
• Excellent fixtures, fittings and equipment that are very well maintained will be included in the sale.
• This 200+ square metre restaurant leases for $5,340 per month plus $400 in common area maintenance expenses.
• The venue benefits from its proximity to the area’s high concentration of corporate clientele and high density residential precinct.
• Sales: $1,000,000+ approx. per annum
While competition certainly exists in this highly popular area, this venue’s dominant location with outdoor terraces, extraordinary visibility and on street parking available provide it a uniquely sustainable competitive advantage.
Although the concept is included in the sale, new operators may wish to capitalise on the coveted location and area’s popularity to launch an entirely new concept that caters to the daytime, afternoon, evening and late night crowds. Alternately, they may rebrand this already proven concept.
This is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity to own a very successful and well-known restaurant. Act fast before it’s gone!